Bruschetta (Mint, Basil and Garlicky Flavor)
Bruschetta is the most popular recipe outside of Italy. Bruschetta involves basil, fresh tomato, garlic and mozzarella. Bruschetta is usually served as a snack or appetizer. I tried with mint and spinach, which gave amazing flavor to my version. It is also healthy, easy and quick. My kids just loved it. In some countries, a topping of chopped tomato, olive oil and herbs is marketed under the Bruschetta name. In the United States, where grocery stores sell jars of “Bruschetta”, the word is sometimes used to refer to the topping instead of the bread. It is one of the best appetizers for parties.
• 1 loaf Italian/French bread
• 1 cup cherry tomato (cut in half)
• 2 tsp minced garlic
• 1 tbsp finely chopped Basil leaves
• 1 tbsp finely chopped mint leaves
• ½ cup finely chopped spinach
• ½ tsp black pepper
• ½ Italian seasoning
• 2 tsp olive oil for mixing
• Oil for brushing
• ¼ cup Shredded cheese (mozzarella & parmesan)
- 1 loaf Italian/French bread
- 1 cup cherry tomato (cut in half)
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tbsp finely chopped Basil leaves
- 1 tbsp finely chopped mint leaves
- ½ cup finely chopped spinach
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ½ Italian seasoning
- 2 tsp olive oil for mixing
- Oil for brushing
- ¼ cup Shredded cheese (mozzarella & parmesan)
- Preheats the oven on 450°F (230°C). Take a bowl, add tomato, basil, spinach, mint, garlic, and then mix well.
- Add cheese, olive oil, salt, Italian seasoning, black pepper and mix well, keep aside.
- Cut the loaf into thick slice, and then brush the oil on baking tray, place the bread slice on it, and then again brush the oil on bread slice.
- Spread the prepared mixture on slice and bake the slice in already preheated oven for 10-15 minutes, and then serve hot.