We can make Suran Sabji from Yum. Suran Sabji is also called Yam/Jimikand/ Khamalu. Suran Sabji also making during fast. In central parts of India, the yam is prepared by being finely sliced, seasoned with spices and deep fried. I made this Suran Sabji easy way for my Navratri fast.
• 2 cup Peeled & Cubed Suran/Yam
• 2 tbsp Crushed Roasted Peanuts
• 1/4 cup Grated Fresh Coconuts
• 1/4 tsp Cumin Seeds
• Sugar (Optional)
• 2-3 Green Chili Finely Chopped
• 1 tsp Grated Ginger
• 3-4 Curry Leaves
• 2 tsp Lemon Juice
• Chopped Coriander Leaves
1. Heat 1 tbsp oil in deep pan; when heats add cumin seed, green chilies, grated ginger and curry leaves.
2. Add suran cubes, salt then mix well and cover the lid for 10-15 min or till suran cook very well on low flame. Check 2-3 times and stir while cooking.
3. Now add grated coconuts, crushed peanuts, sugar, sprinkle approximately 1 tbsp water, mix well and again cover the lid for 2-3 minutes.
4. Remove from the flame, add lemon juice and mix well then garnish with coriander leaves.
5. Suran Sabji is ready now to serve with curd or upvas poori…and enjoy your fast…
- 2 cup Peeled & Cubed Suran/Yam
- 2 tbsp Crushed Roasted Peanuts
- ¼ cup Grated Fresh Coconuts
- ¼ tsp Cumin Seeds
- Sugar (Optional)
- 2-3 Green Chili Finely Chopped
- 1 tsp Grated Ginger
- 3-4 Curry Leaves
- 2 tsp Lemon Juice
- Chopped Coriander Leaves
- Take bowl; add boiled & Mashed Potatoes, roasted & crushed peanuts, finely chopped Green Chilies, grated ginger, black salt, lemon juice, turmeric powder, chopped coriander leaves and ¼ cup Rajgira flour (remaining flour keep aside for coating). Mix all ingredients using your hand and make dough.
- Now make a small ball from dough and press lightly using your hand palms and make patties or flat tikki, then slightly coat the patties both side with using the remaining flour.
- Use the same process for rest of the dough.
- Now heat the griddle/tawa and roast both the sides of patties on low flame till golden brown.
- Farali Patties is ready, now you can serve hot with green chutney or curd.